March 17, 2017
Information about Novelis
Come join a company that is investing and expanding! Novelis is the largest aluminum sheet provider to the automotive industry. Investing over $300 million to build a state of the art manufacturing unit, specifically designed to continue our growth in the automotive industry.
Producing more than a billion pounds of high-quality aluminum sheets each year, Oswego represents Novelis’ first U.S. operation and stands today as the company’s largest wholly-owned fabrication facility in North America. Equipped for aluminum scrap remelting, ingot casting and hot and cold rolling, Novelis Oswego generates premium aluminum products used primarily by the beverage can, building construction and automotive markets, as well as in multiple industrial product applications.
Novelis employees play a role in shaping a world of sustainable design, innovation, manufacturing excellence and closed-loop recycling. We pride ourselves on the depth of talent opportunities we offer for career advancement, education and management training.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Novelis operates 26 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries on four continents, with nearly 11,200 employees. The company reported revenue of approximately $10 billion in the 2014 fiscal year. Novelis is the world’s largest rolled aluminum producer in terms of volume shipped.
Novelis Oswego has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Coordinator. The position will support the environmental management system with a focus on managing environmental compliance programs at a fully integrated aluminum manufacturing facility.
A qualified candidate will be able to:
• Champion environmental compliance at the Oswego facility
• Develop and submit regular reports to government agencies
• Liaison to Federal and State agencies
• Review proposed capital and expense projects for permitting requirements
• Review modifications to regulations to determine impacts to site operations
• Provide permitting support to achieve 2020 sustainability objectives
•Identify training and development needs to support environmental compliance programs
• Continual improvement of the ISO 14001 compliant environmental management system
• Establish and enforce policies and practices required to provide safe equipment, a safe working environment and safe work practices.
• Promote EHS policy, implement the EHS management system and ensure continual improvement of EHS performance in day to day operations.
• Maintain good housekeeping and safe working conditions at all times.
• Bachelor’s Degree in environmental engineering or science
• 3-5 years of experience in similar role at a manufacturing facility or permitting for industrial facilities
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills; ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
• Personal traits should include the ability to utilize human relation skills to motivate, train, understand, and develop others to attain the objectives
• Desire to take initiative and develop a pro-active relationship with employees through follow-up, understanding their needs and fostering a collaborative relationship
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail
• Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Solid computer skills with software applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new software programs quickly
• Must also possess leadership skills to lead and develop other personnel that do not report directly in order to accomplish personal, plant and corporate objectives
Oswego, NY is a small city with a beautiful waterfront, complemented by the maritime theme found within the city. Our many parks afford a panoramic view of Lake Ontario, and we offer a beautifully preserved historical site at Fort Ontario. Oswego is centrally located in New York State, just 45 minutes north of Syracuse, making the Syracuse suburbs an easy commute. The State University of New York at Oswego is No. 18 on the U.S. News list of the best 50 public campuses in the Northern Region. Oswego’s location makes it very attractive to outdoor enthusiasts with sailing, power boating, world class sport fishing and auto racing opportunities in our back yard. A short drive to the Adirondack Mountains provides countless opportunities for hiking, back packing, canoe/kayaking and camping on and around 46 peaks over 4,000 feet in altitude.