Senior Manager, Accounting
May 17, 2017
Novelis is the world’s premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling. Drawing on our expertise, commitment to innovation and world-leading technology, we deliver sustainable solutions for the most demanding applications, including automobiles, beverage cans, architecture, and consumer electronics. With industry-leading assets and technology, we produce the highest-quality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in high-value markets including automotive, transportation, packaging, construction and printing. Our customers include major brands such as Agfa-Gevaert, Alcan, Anheuser-Busch, Ball, BMW, Coca-Cola, Crown Cork & Seal, Daching Holdings, Ford, General Motors, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lotte Aluminum, Kodak, Pactiv, Rexam, Ryerson, Tetra Pak, ThyssenKrupp and others. Much of our aluminum is re-created from material already in the world today, saving natural resources and allowing for the creation of consumer products that have a lower environmental footprint. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 11,600 employees in 25 operating facilities on four continents and is investing close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
The Senior Manager Accounting and Reporting is responsible for the month-end close process of all North America entities, financial analysis, and supervision of the North America Accounting Team. This position works with the AR, AP, FP&A, Treasury, Operations and other areas. He or She is responsible for closing Oracle and SAP systems each month. This position works closely with the corporate accounting, treasury, operations and other administrative functions to ensure transactions are booked timely and in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Novelis North America consolidation in accordance with US GAAP
- Coordinate monthly analytical Balance Sheet and Income Statement Reviews
- Ensure Month end closing of the North American entities from management and statutory prospective
- Provide guidance on technical (US GAAP/IFRS) accounting issues to plant locations and value streams
- Coordinate monthly close and related reporting of Fixed Assets, Revenue, Accruals and Intercompany
- Support the Regional Controller on special accounting projects and system implementations
- Participate in SOX internal control testing and external audit
- Responsible for process improvements in his/her area
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting/Finance
- Professional qualification in accounting (CPA) is preferred.
- Experience in / Previous exposure to audit field and corporate accounting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX is a must. Knowledge of IFRS and Indian GAAP is a plus.
- Hyperion and SAP or other integrated system experience. Strong command of MS Office tools, mainly Excel.
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Reliable and accurate working style, self-starter and hands-on mentality
- Organizational skills
Facilities, Amenities or Infrastructure
Novelis is the world’s premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling, with world headquarters located in the Buckhead business district of Atlanta, Georgia. Novelis headquarters was opened in 2010 and serves as the strategic hub for executive leadership and all corporate functions. Our Global Headquarters are home to Novelis corporate functions, including Global Commercial and Strategy, Supply Chain, Recycling, Procurement, Human Resources, Sustainability, Communications and Government Affairs, Legal, Audit, Finance and Information Technology.