May 18, 2017
Novelis is the world’s premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling. Drawing on our expertise, commitment to innovation and world-leading technology, we deliver sustainable solutions for the most demanding applications, including automobiles, beverage cans, architecture, and consumer electronics. With industry-leading assets and technology, we produce the highest-quality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in high-value markets including automotive, transportation, packaging, construction and printing. Our customers include major brands such as Agfa-Gevaert, Alcan, Anheuser-Busch, Ball, BMW, Coca-Cola, Crown Cork & Seal, Daching Holdings, Ford, General Motors, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lotte Aluminum, Kodak, Pactiv, Rexam, Ryerson, Tetra Pak, ThyssenKrupp and others. Much of our aluminum is re-created from material already in the world today, saving natural resources and allowing for the creation of consumer products that have a lower environmental footprint. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 11,600 employees in 25 operating facilities on four continents and is investing close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
The North America Procurement team in Atlanta, GA is seeking a 2017 Summer Procurement Intern. This Internship will be responsible for capturing and analyzing supplier data (such as quality/delivery/cost/terms/contract data etc.) to use in better supplier management and improving quality of service/payments.
- Download periodic Supplier Quality report and share with all stakeholders across Novelis North America teams
- Create supplier performance reports for plant procurement and category managers for further actions and improvement plans
- Help optimize processes/procedures for better supplier engagement and quality improvement
- Supplier data is analyzed and shared with key stakeholders for Quality, Delivery, Cost and other KPI’s
- Perform an audit of the supplier database reviewing payment terms, contracts, duplicate suppliers, spend by supplier and payments and summarize results in Excel.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university. Preferable with a concentration in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or Accounting Strong analytical skills to analyze and manage large supplier database files
- Demonstrated skills in gathering data from multiple, often disparate, sources and synthesizing raw data into meaningful reports and presentation
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports/presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with individuals at all levels of the organization
- High level of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Proficiency
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
Facilities, Amenities or Infrastructure
Novelis is the world’s premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling, with world headquarters located in the Buckhead business district of Atlanta, Georgia. Novelis headquarters was opened in 2010 and serves as the strategic hub for executive leadership and all corporate functions. Our Global Headquarters are home to Novelis corporate functions, including Global Commercial and Strategy, Supply Chain, Recycling, Procurement, Human Resources, Sustainability, Communications and Government Affairs, Legal, Audit, Finance and Information Technology.